By Dr. David E. Brandt Ph.D.
Read Online or Download Delinquency, Development, and Social Policy (Current Perspectives in Psychology) PDF
Best violence in society books
Each year, approximately 2 million accidents and a few 1,300 deaths outcome from so-called intimate companion violence. during this paintings, psychotherapist Browne-Miller makes use of vignettes, in addition to status and rising study, to element either fit and hurtful relationships and to teach companions the right way to realize and alter relationships on, or headed towards, the trail to abuse.
Through analyzing prevented tuition rampage incidents, this paintings addresses complicated gaps at school violence scholarship and advances latest wisdom approximately mass homicide, violence prevention, bystander intervention, danger review, and disciplinary coverage at school contexts.
Within the struggle opposed to human trafficking, cross-sector collaboration is vital—but usually, systemic tensions undermine the effectiveness of those alliances. Kirsten Foot explores the main powerful resources of such problems, delivering insights and instruments that leaders in each quarter can use to re-think the facility dynamics of partnering.
We're usually advised that the Victorians have been some distance much less violent than their forebears: over the process the 19th century, violent activities have been in most cases outlawed, violent crime, together with murder, started to decline, and physically punishments, together with putting, have been more and more hidden from public view.
- Charred Lullabies: Chapters in an Anthropography of Violence (Princeton Studies in Culture/Power/History)
- The Violence of Incarceration (Routledge Advances in Criminology)
- Transnationalism Reversed: Women Organizing against Gendered Violence in Bangladesh (SUNY Series, Praxis: Theory in Action)
- Men, Masculinities and Violence: An Ethnographic Study (Routledge Studies in Crime and Society)
- The Politics of Private Security: Regulation, Reform and Re-Legitimation (Crime Prevention and Security Management)
- Teaching Contested Narratives
Additional resources for Delinquency, Development, and Social Policy (Current Perspectives in Psychology)