By Andrew R. Klein,Jessica L. Klein
Read or Download Abetting Batterers: What Police, Prosecutors, and Courts Aren't Doing to Protect America's Women PDF
Best violence in society books
Each year, approximately 2 million accidents and a few 1,300 deaths outcome from so-called intimate companion violence. during this paintings, psychotherapist Browne-Miller makes use of vignettes, in addition to status and rising study, to element either fit and hurtful relationships and to teach companions how one can realize and alter relationships on, or headed towards, the trail to abuse.
By way of reading avoided institution rampage incidents, this paintings addresses complex gaps in class violence scholarship and advances latest wisdom approximately mass homicide, violence prevention, bystander intervention, hazard evaluate, and disciplinary coverage at school contexts.
Within the struggle opposed to human trafficking, cross-sector collaboration is vital—but frequently, systemic tensions undermine the effectiveness of those alliances. Kirsten Foot explores the main powerful assets of such problems, supplying insights and instruments that leaders in each zone can use to re-think the facility dynamics of partnering.
We're usually informed that the Victorians have been a long way much less violent than their forebears: over the process the 19th century, violent activities have been generally outlawed, violent crime, together with murder, started to decline, and physically punishments, together with putting, have been more and more hidden from public view.
- Call From the Cave: Our Cruel Nature and Quest for Power
- Why Not Kill Them All?: The Logic and Prevention of Mass Political Murder
- Sexual Violence during War and Peace: Gender, Power, and Post-Conflict Justice in Peru (Studies of the Americas)
- How Finkelstein Broke the Trauma Bond, and Beat the Holocaust: Traumatic Memory And The Struggle Against Systemic Evil
- Girls and Aggression: Contributing Factors and Intervention Principles (Perspectives in Law & Psychology)
Additional resources for Abetting Batterers: What Police, Prosecutors, and Courts Aren't Doing to Protect America's Women